Hello Perkin’s parent community! Welcome to the Perkin’s Parent Association (PPA) webpage. We hope to use this page as a way to share PPA updates, events and volunteer needs. The PPA a group of parents who help organize events and coordinate volunteerism at the school.
Some of the events the PPA helps with include:
PPA Co-Chairs: Allison Taylor & Bonnie Hillman & Leanne Markle (Click for email or email firstname.lastname@example.org for all)
Auction Chair: Gaby Charlton
Interested in becoming a PPA member? There are 4 ways to be involved.
1. Become a PPA Member!
We are currently looking to fill the following PPA member roles.
Manage meeting minutes, compile action items, and assist with developing documentation for each Perkins School Event.
Manage/coordinate various areas related to communication. Some examples are:
• Creating printed information pertaining to upcoming events.
• Updating the main bulletin board (located by the sun room) with reminders of upcoming events.
• Coordinating with website administrator (Shana), sending information needed for website updates that pertain to the PPA and/or upcoming events.
Manage/coordinate various technology tasks related to upcoming events. Some examples are:
• Creating/maintaining list of volunteers
• Create/monitor “Sign Up Genius” for various events
• Assisting with other technical needs of the PPA as they relate to upcoming events and/or communications.
The Perkins School has an Auction Committee who is responsible for organizing the annual fundraising auction event. The PPA assists in the effort by communicating the needs of the Auction Committee (i.e. need for volunteer assistance) to Perkins parents. The Auction Liaison serves as a link between the PPA and the Auction Committee.
If you are interested in fulfilling any of the roles above, please email email@example.com
2. Sign up to be in the Perkins Volunteer Pool!
There are LOTS of ways to be involved at The Perkins School. And, you do NOT need to make any commitments right now! Simply sign-up to be in one or more of the following Volunteer Pools. Then, when volunteer opportunities arise, a PPA Member will send out further information and a sign-up form.
• Pool #1 – For parents who can volunteer AT HOME when kids are in bed. (Examples of tasks: Help sort through class photos for the yearbook, data entry for Auction, help with teacher prep projects, etc.) Sign up for Pool #1.
• Pool #2 – For parents who can be available to run errands. (Examples of tasks: Picking up supplies or food for events.) Sign up for Pool #2.
• Pool #3 – For parents who can be our “hands on” volunteers. (Examples of tasks: Event set up/clean up, field trip chaperone, etc.) Sign up for Pool #3.
• Pool #4 – For parents who can assist with larger time commitments. (Examples of tasks: Yearbook layout/production, Auction Committee, etc.) Sign up for Pool #4.
3. Become a Classroom Ambassador!
Ambassadors help rally their classroom parents to participate, learn of volunteer opportunities, and be reminded of all-school events. For more information on becoming a Classroom Ambassador, please contact Linda Shelby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Attend PPA Meetings!
ANY and ALL parents are welcome to attend the monthly PPA Meetings!
• Our KICKOFF MEETING is Thursday, 9/13/18 from 8:30-9:30am
• We meet in science classroom.
Would you like to know more?
The Perkins Parent Association (PPA) meets every third Thursday, in the Science classroom from 8:30-9:30am, the 3rd Thursday of each month.
PPA Meeting Schedule:
9/13/18 - PPA Kick-off meeting! Discuss PPA volunteer needs, curriculum night social and all school fall picnic planning and volunteer needs.
11/15/18 - Yearbook planning, Initial auction planning meeting with auction committee and volunteer needs.
12/20/18 - Ice Skating planning and volunteer needs.
01/17/18 - Finalizing ice Skating planning and volunteer needs.
02/14/18 - Special friends planning and volunteer needs.
03/21/18 - Finalizing auction updates and volunteer needs.
04/18/18 - Teacher appreciation planning and volunteer needs.
05/16/18 - End of year picnic planning and volunteer needs.
ANY and ALL parents are welcome to attend the monthly PPA Meetings! Come to a PPA meeting and learn more about what Perkin events are happening and how you can be volunteer.
Look out for meeting days in The Perk or on the notice board at drop off.
Or contact your Classroom Ambassador:
Kindergarten: Cassady Glass Hastings and Tanya Lasswell
1st Grade: Sitara Marin
2nd & 3rd: Ann Marie Schreiber (Gabby's classroom)
Tessa Vogel (Ms. Frizzle's classroom)
4th & 5th: Kelly Tansing (Ms. Shumway's classroom)
Rumeena Bhalla (Ali's classroom)
PPA Meeting Minutes